Thursday, July 28, 2011

Restart!!!!!!


I imagine many of you were surprised to see new post up on the blog. To be perfectly honest with you I am too. Apathy, work, and a failure to gain traction in a competitive blogosphere contributed to the long drought. And I didn’t think my heart was in it any more.

I realized I didn’t have the mettle to go up against the likes of Joe.My.God and Towleroad and others, who were already doing a fabulous job, and I might add are tremendous assets to the LGBT community. Simply parroting them was no way to distinguish myself.

I used to joke that I was a small fish swimming in a small pond full of big fish. Occasionally I’d get a nibble. Sometimes I’d get lucky and more popular blogs would cross-post or even feature one of my original posts.
This little fish was never eaten. It simply grew tired of swimming.

This brings us to the present and all the new post.

Lately I’d been feeling the itch to start blogging again. I looked back at all of my earlier post and yes they were definitely more sporadic, but more personal. Less chore.. more fun. I need to go back to that. At least for a while.

So I want to start off by letting you know that there will be more personal/essay type posts and less breaking news, unless it’s really juicy, or really relevant. I’ve also be posting more local events (local being Northern Illinois).

I know some of you will abandon my blog. Some already have. And that’s fine. For those who stick around, I hope to make it worth your while. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment